- The “European Association for the Support of the International Center of the Roerichs and its Public Museum by name of N.K. Roerich (hereinafter Association) is a public association of cultural and educational nature, created on the basis of common interests in promoting, examining and preserving the unique philosophical and artistic heritage of the Roerich family, in promoting the Public Museum by name of N.K. Roerich of the International Center of the Roerichs, in promoting the peacemaking ideas of the Roerich Pact and the Banner of Peace;
- The activities of the Association meet the international law, the laws of the countries in which the Association operates, and this agreement;
- The Association is an independent, non-governmental and non-profit organization of legal and physical entities based on voluntary membership;
- The Association operates on the principles of voluntariness, equality, self-government, legality, transparency, humanism and the priority of cultural human values;
- The Association is free to define its internal structure, its goals, forms and methods of activity. The Association’s activity is not limited in terms of time;
- The Association carries out its activities in close cooperation with the international public organization “International Center of the Roerichs” (hereinafter referred to as the ICR); with the International Committee for the conservation of heritage of the Roerichs, Moscow; with the International S.N. Roerich Council of Roerich organizations, in preserving the heritage of the Roerichs, the approval of N.K. Roerich’s peace ideas, and promoting international friendship and popularizing the evolutionary role of culture.
- to facilitate the work of the ICR and its Public Museum by name of N.K. Roerich, Moscow;
- to facilitate the execution of the will of S.N. Roerich concerning the heritage, which he handed over to the International Center of the Roerichs for the establishment and activities of the Public Museum by name of N.K. Roerich in Lopukhin Manor (Moscow),
- to fully support the cultural and scientific activities of ICR and its Public Museum by name of N.K. Roerich;
- to contribute to the protection of the name and heritage of the Roerichs against defamation, as well as of the Public Museum by name of N.K. Roerich from attempts to destroy it;
- to promote the ideas of the Roerich Pact and the Banner of Peace to preserve culture, the evolutionary role of Culture in the life of mankind.
- to hold of cultural and educational activities in popularizing evolutionary ideas of the Roerich Pact and the Banner of Peace, the promotion of artistic creations, philosophical and literary and publicistic heritage of the Roerich family;
- to provide full support to the ICR projects;
- to support activities of the Public Museum by name of Nicholas Roerich;
- to inform the European community about the will of S.N. Roerich regarding the Roerichs’ family heritage;
- to inform the European community about the activities of ICR and its Public Museum by name of Nicholas Roerich;
- to provide full support in protecting the non-governmental status of the Museum by name of Nicholas Roerich and his location in the buildings of Lopukhin Manor;
- to raise questions in international and national forums to sensitize the public and cultural organizations in Europe and the world about the need for the protection of the heritage of the Roerichs and the respect for their will;
- to promote, in close cooperation with the ICR, of the development of culture as the language of international understanding, protection and respect for the values of culture, historical and cultural world heritage sites;
- to promote tolerance, prevention of social, national and religious conflicts;
- to promote cultural and scientific interrelations of peoples and countries on the basis of the Roerichs ‘ humanistic ideas;
- to cooperate within UNESCO and ICOM’s programs in the field of culture, as well as in projects that are consistent with the peacemaking ideas of N.K. Roerich “Peace through Culture” and the “Roerich Pact”.
Membership in the Association:
- Members of the Association are the founders and further entering legal/non-legal and physical persons, recognizing the Association Agreement and personally being involved in the realization of the goals and challenges facing the Association.
- Admission of a new member shall be carried out by the Coordination Council on the basis of a submitted written statement addressed to the President of the Association.